Magic: The Gathering – Commander Open Day
11/02 @ 13:00 - 22:00
Commander, as officially titled by Wizards of the Coast (also known as Elder Dragon Highlander or EDH) is a casual multiplayer format for Magic: the Gathering. It is a Highlander-variant eternal format with specific rules centered around a legendary creature called the commander.
A Commander deck contains a exactly 100 cards, being:
- Players choose a legendary creature as the commander for their deck.
- A card’s color identity is its color plus the color of any mana symbols in the card’s rules text. A card’s color identity is established before the game begins, and cannot be changed by game effects. The cards in a deck may not have any colors in their color identity which are not in the color identity of the deck’s commander.
- A Commander deck must contain exactly 100 cards, including the commander. If you’re playing a companion, it must adhere to color identity and singleton rules. While it is not part of the deck, it is effectively a 101st card.
- With the exception of basic lands, no two cards in the deck may have the same English name. Some cards (e.g. Relentless Rats) may have rules text that overrides this restriction.
- The event follows a casual format.
- The event is FREE for anyone attending.
- Due to the popularity of this event, it will be capped at 30 people.
- All players need to enter via the companion app or have a valid email address for their MTG account. For pre-registering, please use the following code for the Companion App – VR4RED6
- As an added treat there will be a 5% discount on all Magic the Gathering related products during the event available only on location.
- Drinks & snacks are available on location.
- If you bring your own drinks or snacks then there is a €2 fee.
- As a public health precaution, people with any flu-like symptoms will be kindly asked to go home and get better.